Numerical Linear Algebra
- Feb. 7: The final lecture notes are now available online
- Jan. 15: The first five chapters of the lecture notes are now available online
- Dec. 12: The first four chapters of the lecture notes are now available online
- The first three chapters of the lecture notes are now available online
- The exercise sheet no. 2 has a new due date: Fri, Nov. 8
- The written exam will be on Tue., Feb. 11 2014, 10am - 12am, OMZ (INF 350), SR U013
- The second written exam will be on, Fri., Apr. 11 2014, 10am - 12am, AM (INF 294), R -104
Schedule: Tuesday 11-13, Friday 11-13
Room: URZ (INF 293), SR 215
- Please register to the course via müsli
- Linear systems and eigenvalue problems
- Matrix decompositions
- General iterative methods
- Krylow space methods
- Iterative methods for eigenvalue problems
Requirements: Basic knowlege of Linear Algebra, Calculus and Numerics, such as provided by the courses "Linear Algebra 1", "Analysis 1 and 2", and "Einführung in die Numerik"
Target audience: Students in the MA programs "Mathematik" and "Scientific Computing"
Remark: This course is listed as Modul MH5 in the module handbook for the Masterstudiengänge Mathematik.